Friday, January 14, 2011

7 Benefits from Reading Your Bible

Bible reading is more than a pleasant pastime. It can become a daily habit that will change your life. God's Word holds out the promise of rich benefits for those who spend time reading it and taking its truths to heart. Here are just seven of the many ways your life can be better as you make the Bible your daily reading companion. All seven come from PSALM 119 -- a magnificent song of praise for God's Word. They may be things that you already know, but this is just a quick reminder of how significant God's Word is to you having a better life. 


1. The Bible will help keep you from sin. "I have thought much about your words, and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin" (verse 11)


2. The Bible will lift your burdens. "I weep with grief; my heart is heavy with sorrow; encourage and cheer me with your words" (verse 28)


3. The Bible will guide your steps. "Your words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me, and keep me from stumbling" (verse 105)


4. The Bible will bring you joy. "Your laws are my joyous treasure forever" (verse 111)


5. The Bible will lead you to wisdom. "As your plan unfolds, even the simple can understand it" (verse 130)


6. The Bible will give you peace. "Those who love your laws have great peace of heart and mind and do not stumble" (verse 165)


7. The Bible will bring you back to God. "I have wandered away like a lost sheep; come and find me for I have not turned away form your commandments" (verse 176)


                                                    The Daily Walk Bible 




If you would like prayer, baptism, or would like to be saved and born again please email me at maineak83@yahoo.com. God Bless you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment