Sunday, December 5, 2010

WHAT DOES WORRYING DO FOR YOU?

OK, so this is going to be pretty random again and I hope it helps someone. Now, I am the type of person that is impatient at times. I like to see results immediately and if I don't I get very WORRIED. Worry is a very stressful thing to go through. Everything can be going right, but if one thing isn't going the way that I may have planned, I start to get worried. I start to ask the million dollar question "What Am I Gonna Do?" That proposes another question of why do we put so much stress on ourselves when we have a Father that said that he HAS, CAN, and WILL take care of it all for us if we just LET HIM? So I'm asking what am "I" going to do, instead of trusting in the Lord that he has already DONE IT for me.  I even go as far as to telling other people that they need to have faith and trust in the Lord to take care of all their needs and to bring them out of their situation, but the moment something happens in my life I'm back to worrying about what I'm going to do. I'm the type of person that likes to have control of things going on in my life. If things start to go beyond my control, uh-oh here comes my old friend Mr. Worry and his partner Mr. Depression. I think that I am really smart and have everything under control, but if I was really smart then I would let God have FULL CONTROL.
So how can I sit up here and say that I am a woman of God and a BELIEVER if I DON'T BELIEVE????? It makes no sense. As much as God has brought me through in my life I have the audacity to sit up and bite my fingernails and worry with all this burden on me? Thats an insult to God! Luke 12:24-30 says 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life ?

26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. --   What I get from this is that if God takes care of the things that we consider insignificant, how much more will he take care of us!! My Pastor told me to go home and read a scripture to help me to develop a stronger mind and to not let the devil discourage me. He told me to read Philippians 4:6-9 and it says 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.  -- This was part of a letter that Paul wrote to the church of Philippi that challenged them to make Christ the center of their Christian experience. So I want to challenge you, as well as myself, to ask ourselves "What does worrying do for me? Will it add on another hour to my life?" I'm not a doctor but from what I understand is stress, and depression does nothing but take from your life. So why would you want to do that? WHAT DOES WORRYING DO FOR YOU?       ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.       It only makes the situation worse for you. WHAT DOES GOD DO FOR YOU?    EVERYTHING. And he will do so much more if you just trust in Him to do it!!! So let those burdens go and let Christ bring peace to your life. And I just want to thank my Pastor Doc Murphy for referring me to that scripture because it has helped me a lot, and I plan to meditate on it as much as I can until I am able to get that spirit of worry out of me!
Now I always want to end my blogs by asking those that if you would like to be saved and you want Jesus to come into your life please pray this prayer : Jesus, I welcome you in to my life.  I believe that you are the son of God and you died for my sins and I receive your forgiveness.  I acknowledge that I have been a sinner and repent of all my sins.  Jesus, I will cling to, adhere to you, and trust you.  I will follow these steps with baptism.  And finally, Jesus, thank you for your  Holy Spirit.  I welcome your Spirit into me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.
If you would like Prayer, baptism, or if you would like to visit us please call 972- 292- 7129  or go to www.theplaceic.com ... also email me at maineak83@yahoo.com   I am a member of The Place International Church in Longview, TX. Thank you and God Bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment